February 5, 2004

new domain name?

When Eugene removed the domain names he was thinking about using from his blog to make sure people didn’t steal his ideas, I thought maybe something in his car had fermented to the point he was suffering delusions from the fumes. But as it turns out he might have been on to something. I got the following email earlier today:

Hi there,

It doesn’t make much sense to email you about this, but I just had too. I blog over at haydur.com, and back in December I had a thought of changing my blog title to something other than my first name, and you know what I choose? onelast.com.

I even made plain title graphics and everything… but today I realized how lazy and I’d been about registering the domain so when for a casual whois check at betterwhois.com. You registered it! Damn. I’m feeling so stupid right now I can’t tell.

Anyway, no harm done and good luck with your blog. :)

Haydur.

I would honestly give this guy my domain for what it cost me if I could just think of a better one. If anybody thinks of something they think would be perfect for me, check if it’s available through register.com and let me know.

No Comments »

1. hey, where’d you put the riceball? it wasn’t in my dashboard when i checked today. you were the last person holding it.

Comment by eugene — February 5, 2004 @ 6:31 pm

2. I stole it to make sake out of it because I am not 21. mmmm, fermented rice.

Comment by Red/Brian — February 6, 2004 @ 12:47 am

3. appreciate the spanish sidelines…is that a custom job or a default, cause i’m not sure calendre is a word…or maybe that’s italian??

R

Comment by rachel — February 6, 2004 @ 2:01 pm

4. It’s Custom, I put the word calendar into google translator and that’s what came out, it’s probably not a word.

Comment by Red/Brian — February 6, 2004 @ 8:40 pm

5. ok, just give it back

Comment by eugene — February 6, 2004 @ 11:54 pm

6. Calendaria will work, I’m pretty sure that’s it.

Comment by Anonymous — February 7, 2004 @ 10:11 am

7. Um, sorry to interupt your rice talk, but um did you reply 2 my email? If you did it might have been lost in my spamgaurds.

Anyway, I ‘thought up’ this domain name at nameboy.com. It’s really a cool tool. Here’s some other interestingly chic domains I had on my list:

pointabout.com
    endpost.com
    pointwhere.com
    endspot.com
    directend.com
    pastfive.com
    pointyou.com
    microlast.com
    onend.com
    pointwon.com
    endofthis.com
    endsup.com
    oneend.com

[My search terms emphasized on permanence and ending.]

Comment by Haydur — February 12, 2004 @ 6:09 pm