Joel and I are relatively clean people, but our Achilles of cleanliness has always been the dishes.
Now, we differ on our strategies as to where we keep our dishes while we’re not doing them. Joel prefers to spread them throughout the apartment; the oven, stove, and indeed the toilet tank are all normal and logical places to leave your dishes when you’re done with them. I’ve always prefered the “reverse jenga” method wherein I stack the dishes on the left side of the sink only with the steady hands of a surgeon.
We’ve both grown fond of our new dirty-dishless apartment and so we have entered into a challenge in which the first roommate (AKA Joel or Red) to leave a dirty dish in the apartment overnight owes the other party the following:
- A Tri-Tip Sandwich from the Firestone Grill located at 1001 Higuera St. in San Luis Obispo
- One beverage (alcoholic or non) costing no more than five dollars
- A basket of fries.
A prize cannot be claimed unless one follows…
- A dish is considered being left overnight if it is found at 8am
- Your room is your business. Dirty dishes only count if found in the living room, kitchen, bathroom, hallway, and on or under Chopper 4
- The Prize will be doubled if any dishes are found in the toilet tank
The challenge begins…. NOW!
Posted by Red Scott @ 9:14 pm